POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Serpent of the See WIP - Seeschlange RA.jpg (99kbbu) : Re: Serpent of the See WIP - Seeschlange RA.jpg (99kbbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Serpent of the See WIP - Seeschlange RA.jpg (99kbbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 16 Feb 2002 10:47:36
Message: <3c6e7f18@news.povray.org>
Yadgar schrieb in Nachricht <3C6DB0AA.851B50C9@ndh.net>...
    The ship seems to be a 15th century caravel... so the swimming man
should also look more Renaissance-like, i. e. long-haired and bearded... and
perhaps wearing contemporary costume!
Hello!

Actually he is long-haired, with a pony tail or whatever it might be called.
Can't see that of course so it doesn't help. No beard. I know you like them,
and I'm wearing one, too, but for some reason seaman have no beards in my
imagination. The more I'm thinking about it the stranger it gets, taking all
those Redbeards and such. In addition, I think, hair is one of the most
difficult things to do in Pov.

I really wouldn't like to model some wet medieval costume for the man. They
tell you that taking of your clothes when you fall in the sea is a bad idea,
'cause it's the only protection against the cold. He will have to make his
way, without them, anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Marc-Hendrik