POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle System Explosion 3 : Re: Particle System Explosion 3 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle System Explosion 3
From: Hugo
Date: 15 Feb 2002 15:50:56
Message: <3c6d74b0$1@news.povray.org>
> I wonder how many will bother to have a look at this one, knowing that the
> first two were so similar...

Me!  :o)  I'm impressed. Actually I thought about explosions in Pov too just
a few days ago ... and here you're working on it... Good you didn't have to
start from scratch as I would have needed... Well, I haven't read all the
comments so far but I'd like to say 2 things: Third version is the best. For
further improvement, the fire shouldn't immediately go up in the air, as it
does now. First comes the explosion and then the fire / smoke, with a short
delay. It moves up too steadily at the moment.

A third thing to mention: How would it look if the camera doesn't move? I
like the circlulation of the smoke but it's caused by the camera only..

That's enough for now.. I'm looking forward to anim 4.

Regards,
Hugo