POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle System Explosion 3 : Particle System Explosion 3 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  Particle System Explosion 3
From: Rune
Date: 15 Feb 2002 12:59:22
Message: <3c6d4c7a@news.povray.org>
I wonder how many will bother to have a look at this one, knowing that the
first two were so similar...

But I think this one is a greater improvement than version 2 was. I have
made the smoke darker and made it last longer, I have made the column wider
in the start, and I've added dust near the ground, which I think is a nice
touch (well, it's more than just a "touch" with the amount I added).

Now I can see how the first version looked video-game-like, but I couldn't
tell back then... :)

One things I've wondered about is if the explosion is too big compared to
the building. Should I make it slightly smaller?

I've decided not to go with the debris after all, as it will make the
animation too advanced for a demo scene. I've made a big hole in the
building though, but that's not very easy to see.

Comments much appreciated!

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 20)

Attachments: