POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Fog + transmit / filter shadow bug : Re: Fog + transmit / filter shadow bug Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fog + transmit / filter shadow bug
From: bob h
Date: 15 Feb 2002 08:26:11
Message: <3c6d0c73$1@news.povray.org>
Looks like same old problem about transparency coupled with fog, like
another recent posting which wasn't really media or fog at fault, I believe
anyway, and actually just the transparency.
I changed light color to 1 instead of 1.3 to prevent that from being a
possible factor and using transmit 1.02 the shadow nearly vanishes.
Something I don't recall happening before however is how the shadow became
media-like.  Which is to say, it had a darker middle as though media were
attenuating the sphere.  It's almost imperceptable.

bob h