POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle System Explosion 2 : Re: Particle System Explosion 2 Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:36:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle System Explosion 2
From: Rune
Date: 14 Feb 2002 20:13:02
Message: <3c6c609e@news.povray.org>
"Mark James Lewin" wrote:
> I cannot see too much difference between the two;

Honestly - I can't either...

Still, I gave the particles more of a 3d feel (don't know if that's really
visible), I made the colors more intense, and of course I added shadows.

> technical: 10
> realism:    7

Ok, that's fair enough. :)

> Explosions like this (if Hollywood is anything to go by :-)
> give blacker smoke, secondary fires, and debris.

I'll look into those!

> Computer game explosions in general don't have these
> things, which is why your explosion reminds people of them.

I think you're right.

> If all you were after was a demonstation of your system's
> capabilities though, you have achieved it.

Well, the point of my system is to create satisfactory results, so if the
demonstration doesn't show that properly, it has only partly succeeded at
most.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 20)