POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle System Explosion : Re: Particle System Explosion Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:33:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle System Explosion
From: Rune
Date: 14 Feb 2002 20:12:56
Message: <3c6c6098$1@news.povray.org>
"Tek" wrote:
> Well the thing that really makes them look computer
> game-y is the fact that you can see lots of seperate
> identical textures.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Of course all the textures are made from
the same pattern, but unique turbulence is added for each particle, so
they're not identical. Maybe I should also vary the colors a bit?

> Plus their motion is such that it gives away where the
> seperate particles are. i.e. all the fire is either
> following one motion or another, none of it is inbetween.

I don't understand this either. I don't have a set of predefined paths, all
the particles react the same way on (inverse) gravity and wind, and besides
that some randomness is added.

I tried using more particles, but it just made the fire and smoke much more
blurred, because more textures were averaged...

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 20)