POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle System Explosion 2 : Re: Particle System Explosion 2 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:38:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle System Explosion 2
From: Rune
Date: 14 Feb 2002 16:42:06
Message: <3c6c2f2e@news.povray.org>

> Honestly, I never was able to see any problems with
> the "discs"... I think both animations look very good!

Thanks!

> You know what would look very cool??? And expanding
> concentric shockwave.

I really should learn more about shockwaves. I don't know much about what
they are or how they look. I thought they only occurred at explosions much
bigger than the type in this animation?

> I really don't know how this could be achieved, but
> maybe with a growing sphere with different interior???

In any case I'd need reference images and/or animations. :)

> And when the shockwave reaches the camera.... boom!!!
> it shakes!!! :D

That one shouldn't be too hard but would be a great effect. :)

> I also think that the smoke dissolves to quickly in the air.
> I think that those kind of explosions usually leave a long
> trail of smoke in the sky.

I'll make it possible to control the length of the smoke.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 20)