POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle System Explosion 2 : Re: Particle System Explosion 2 Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:33:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle System Explosion 2
From: Rune
Date: 14 Feb 2002 16:42:02
Message: <3c6c2f2a@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" wrote:
> I think it looks good

Thanks!

> realism is obviously difficult to judge, since you
> can't observe such explosions very often.

That's the problem...

> What's seriously missing is the interaction with the
> environment, meaning how the path of the explosion is
> influenced by the surrounding objects

Uh, I wouldn't know where to start with that. Could you verbally give an
example of how the path of an explosion could be affected by its
surroundings?

> and also how the objects are damaged by the explosion.

I'll leave that to Chris Colefax's object exploder for now. I might
integrate something into my own particle system at one point, but not in the
first version.

> A larger version would be interesting of course.

You mean larger resolution? There really aren't a lot of small details...

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 20)