POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Serpent of the See WIP - Seeschlange RA.jpg (99kbbu) : Re: Serpent of the See WIP - Seeschlange RA.jpg (99kbbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Serpent of the See WIP - Seeschlange RA.jpg (99kbbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 14 Feb 2002 16:22:26
Message: <3c6c2a92@news.povray.org>
Mick Hazelgrove schrieb in Nachricht <3c6b8128@news.povray.org>...
>> > Should I lower the camera to break the waterline with the mans head?
>
>No

Yep, for now I'll leave it the way it is. Maybe the lower camera position
would increase the sense of depth in this scene, but it loses a bit of the
desperate feeling IMO.

>The man is too dry - make him wet, the water would reflect the red serpent
especially on >his hair.

I really would like to achieve what you suggest, but I can't get it to work.
I added reflection (even variable reflection) and specular highlights to the
skin and hair, but it looks dry anyway. Once he looked like Data from
StarTrek, 'cause his skin went pale from the reflections. Do you have some
example for wet objects?

Marc-Hendrik