POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Serpent of the See WIP - Seeschlange RA.jpg (99kbbu) : Re: Serpent of the See WIP - Seeschlange RA.jpg (99kbbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Serpent of the See WIP - Seeschlange RA.jpg (99kbbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 14 Feb 2002 16:21:29
Message: <3c6c2a59@news.povray.org>

<3c6bf949@news.povray.org>...
>I find very strange the fact that the ship and the serpent seem to be in
the
>horizon. I think that one would expect, by the size of the boat, to be
>closer than the horizon.

Scaling seems to be one of the chalenges in most of my scenes. Skip is
right, the camera is really only some 30 centimeter above the waterlevel.
That's why I considered to lower the camera even more. With direct
comparison between the mans head and the ship/serpent, in addition with the
fog-effect, things might be clearer. But it doesn't help that much

>Otherwise, very good job with the ship and the serpent of the sea!

Thanks!

Marc-Hendrik