POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wood [WIP] : Re: Wood [WIP] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood [WIP]
Date: 14 Feb 2002 15:36:40
Message: <3c6c1fd8@news.povray.org>
> Unbelievable, a Pover who fears his Computer won't get enough work...

Indeed!
If I had a scene which takes ages to render but looks great when finished,
I'd let the PC run for days and enjoy the result. Unfortunately I
concentrate more on programming and modelling so it has only something to
work on if  >I< do something.....

> Really, none of the scenes i saw from you seems to be really slow although
> it might render quite long on your machine.

How do you *see* the render time?
Just kidding. You mean because I don't use halo, media, refraction or
complex interiors? Just wait... this will come some day.... when the fern
and all it's "collegues" are finished. At this point they all come together
and I hope the scene will look realistic and bloody complex in detail.
Approx. in 5 years. *g*

> I think the average render time of scenes has probably not decreased since
> the beginning of POV.

No. IMO it is quite constant... the faster the CPU gets the more complex
primitives are available in POV :-)

> 'Der Appetit kommt beim Essen'. ;-)

zu werden.