POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wood [WIP] : Re: Wood [WIP] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wood [WIP]
Date: 14 Feb 2002 13:21:34
Message: <3c6c002e@news.povray.org>
> That's usually how it works anyway. When a person spends as much time with
> PoV as you obdviously have, a fast PC moves up close to the top of the

Huh, I wish this would be the case. In fact I have only few hours a week
time for PoV. More than the half of this time the PC is busy with rendering
*g* (although you are right: I was already a user of the very first DOS
versions, running on a 486Dx2/66Mhz).
Luckily most of the things I had in my mind worked fine on the first attempt
(or almost) and I got some extra, unforseen spare time last week. I used it
to enjoy PoV.

> priority list. If a person can find $35 a week for cigarettes, another can
> find $35 a week for a computer.

No doubt. (I don't smoke BTW). It is not a matter of money. I could efford a
new PC easily but I don't think that it makes sense. 99% of the time this
new computer would stand around turned off. Additionally I would consume
most of the time I have to set it up properly, get all the stuff running I'd
like to have (since I am used to it in the current environment) and I would
have even less time for PoV.

> Also, I would consider you very talented already.

Thanks. So you buy me a new PC, right? *gg*

regards
SY