POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle System Explosion : Re: Particle System Explosion Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle System Explosion
From: Tek
Date: 13 Feb 2002 17:14:48
Message: <3c6ae558@news.povray.org>
> No, it's POV-Ray all right. But it *is* textured discs facing the camera.
>
> Ok, so it's not a replacement for good old media as your observations
> reveal...

Aha! I was consfused by that but now I see it.

That would be a very effective technique for distant explosions or previewing an
animation, but I'd like to see how good it would look with media!

BTW, if you want to get shadows you could get a second set of discs facing the
light source and use the no_image tag :)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com