POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Now with a bit of oscillating wind! (MPEG1) : Re: Now with a bit of oscillating wind! (MPEG1) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now with a bit of oscillating wind! (MPEG1)
From: Rune
Date: 13 Feb 2002 11:40:04
Message: <3c6a96e4@news.povray.org>

> I'm truly honored to know that I've impressed the great Rune!

*Blush* Aw come on, none of my work is nearly as advanced as this! :)

> I'm afraid I will not be able to implement it as a patch,
> at least in the short-run, because my programming abilities
> are not very good :)

Same here - sigh...

> Fortunately, I think it is that is not very difficult
> to do that. However, I have read that it is not very
> wise to modify a particle's position directly, that is,
> bypassing it's velocity and force. Nevertheless, that's
> the way I do it, and it works... :) (more or less!!!)

I think it looks fine!

> Yes, I agree with you. The only solution would be if the
> program is made as a patch. However, a general syntax for
> basic primitive forms can be developed without much
> trouble, I think...

Support for basic shapes won't be enough to put clothes on a character and
do collision detection with the character's body. But it's still a good
start.

> Maybe the most difficult part is designing this shapes
> (like clothes) and passing the mesh to the program, along
> with the information of which points must be connected to
> which other points in the cloth, and their desired distance.
> (Or is that exactly the difficulty you meant?)

Yes... :)

> Well, I share with you these ideals! Currently my worst
> nightmare is that I still cannot implement a more robust
> method, other than Forward Euler. I haven't been able to
> take that from my head for several days, so I hope that
> a good solution will pop out soon.

Good luck. I look forward to see more! :)

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 20)