POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Code-Max issue : Code-Max issue Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Code-Max issue
From: Cliff Hewitt
Date: 12 Feb 2002 17:36:58
Message: <3c69990a@news.povray.org>
Hi...

I just downloaded the beta, and there are two things I don't quite like
about the editor.

#1:  Say I have a line that is the following:  "    //test".  I put the
cursor before the // and press Shift+<Left Arrow>.  It selects the white
space up to the second space, and not all the way back to the first space.
Ctrl+Backspace does the same thing, where it deletes up to the second space,
but not the first.

#2:  When I close off a block with the curly brackets, I have to backspace
in order to have the end curly bracket line up with the block's initial open
curly bracket.  Although this is not really a performance issue, it is a
little annoying.

For example:

    sphere {
        <0, 0, 0>, 1
        }

where I would like it to automatically match the "}" to the indentation of
the "sphere" line.

Thanks,

Cliff Hewitt