POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Texture declared inside macro needs semicolon : Texture declared inside macro needs semicolon Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Texture declared inside macro needs semicolon
From: Hugo
Date: 12 Feb 2002 08:58:00
Message: <3c691f68$1@news.povray.org>
I spent over an hour to locate a bug in my SDL code... There is none! But I
found that adding a semicolon after declaring my texture fixes the problem..
How comes this?  Maybe I'm just not aware of this new development - that
semicolons after texture declarations keeps the parser from being confused..
Is this behaviour intentional?  Here's an example:

#macro Define_Plastic( Pigment_1 )

 #local Plastic=texture { pigment { rgb 1 }
  }; // SEMICOLON FIXES THE PROBLEM

 Plastic
#end

#local White_Plastic=Define_Plastic( 1 )

Regards,
Hugo