POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Curtain and moving sphere WIP (MPEG1) : Re: Curtain and moving sphere WIP (MPEG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:37:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curtain and moving sphere WIP (MPEG1)
Date: 11 Feb 2002 19:29:45
Message: <3c6861f9@news.povray.org>
"andrel linnenbank" <a.c### [at] amcuvanl> wrote in message
> I like it. The curtain still streches to much. It reminds me somewhat of

Thanks!!!

> very slow lotion movies of bullets hitting oranges. That and the slow
> swing back suggests that when playing it at a more realistic speed
> it will look almost lifelike.

Yes, even though I transformed it into a 60 fps animation, it wasnt enough
to speed it up to a realistic time-scale. One problem was gravity, I think
it is too strong.

> Have you considered using a different color for the curtain and
> replacing the ball with a bull?

I *think* you meant bullet, because a bull would be much harder to model!!!!
And I think it may not be a very good idea because one would expect that a
bullet would break the fabric, as a sphere would travel more slowly and it
would only push it.
I don't think it's easy to simulate a breaking of the cloth, it's a good
challenge. But maybe it would be cool to try it with Matrix-like shockwaves
forming behind the bullet (which I have already tried).

Thanks for your comments!

Fernando.