POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Sorry, I'm still obsessed with cloths (MPEG1) : Re: Sorry, I'm still obsessed with cloths (MPEG1) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:35:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sorry, I'm still obsessed with cloths (MPEG1)
Date: 11 Feb 2002 19:22:14
Message: <3c686036@news.povray.org>
"Simen Kvaal" <sim### [at] remove_mestudentmatnatuiono> wrote in message

Hi Simen!

>         F = - |v| * cos (theta) * A * constant

Yes, I did something like that!!! I also came up with that idea, however I
did not include A, assuming (maybe wrongly) that all triangles' area would
be more or less the same, so it wouldn't be too bad to ignore that factor
and it would help to speed up the cycle.

My results weren't bad, and I just jumped from the idea of air resistance to
the idea of wind. I think it looks very good. I'll post my latest animation
right way. I hope you'll like it.

> Again, I emphasize the usefulness Runge-Kutta scheme. Assuming that you
are
> solving with Euler by 1) calculating forces/acceleration on some set of
> point masses, 2) adding acceleration * dt to the velocity of each point
mass
> and 3) adding velocity * dt to position, it really should be a simple task
> to extend it to a fourth order scheme. With adaptive time-step, the method
> is very robust! I have successfully modelled a lump of jelly (i.e. 3d-mesh
> of points connected by (even nonlinear) springs.)

Thanks for your suggestion, I promise I will try to implement it soon!

Fernando.