POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do you test your objects, people? : How do you test your objects, people? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  How do you test your objects, people?
From: Mark Hanford
Date: 11 Feb 2002 15:55:19
Message: <3c682fb7@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

I have been POV'ing for a few months now, and a consistent problem I have is
creating new objects in an environment which gives a "meaningful"
representation of textures and colours.
If I create my models in a void, with just a background set, most reflective
surfaces (aren't most, to some extent?) and especially metals look rather
strange, however, place them into a more "interesting" scene and the objects
seem to improve immeasurably.

Do any of you have any "quick-win" solutions to this, or do you have a
standard "workbench" scene-file for creating objects?

thanks,

Mark Hanford
http://www.mrhanford.com/povray