POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Phono plugs v2 : Re: Phono plugs v2 Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Phono plugs v2
From: Hugo
Date: 10 Feb 2002 12:54:02
Message: <3c66b3ba@news.povray.org>
> Some of these plugs use a gold coating on the metal to improve
connectivity,
> and have splits (2 or 4) in the outer metal cylinder to allow improve
> tension (and connectivity).

The "shield" is often important, but apart from that ... in most cases I
can't hear any difference, and I have trained ears.. I also can't measure
any difference in my sound editing software.

> How much did you pay for them?

These are cheap, you know, those kinds are always in the package when you
buy something like ... a soundcard, a VHS recorder, a radio... But they're
not bad.

I have many kinds of plugs, but the expensive ones I'll only use with
speakers cords, or very long cords.

Hugo