POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Volume Control Final [~33kbu] : Re: Volume Control Final 2 [~79kbu] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volume Control Final 2 [~79kbu]
From: Tony[B]
Date: 9 Feb 2002 23:34:41
Message: <3c65f861@news.povray.org>
> I liked very much the textures of everything. I've never seen a Cambridge
> Soundworks (my computer sound system sucks) Volume knob, but I can
> say that you render looks VERY realistic.

Thank you! I attribute it to a number of factors:

1) using Jaime's lighting includes
2) using radiosity
3) using a bitmap of real marble for the texture of the marble
4) using focal_blur
5) making the marble slightly transparent and using a bright fade_color
(this may or may not have helped, but it didn't hurt :)

Still, it's not hyper-real, as I would have liked. I wish I could put my
finger on what it lacks. I know something about the plastic just isn't
right. I wish I knew what. <sigh>