POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Sorry, I'm still obsessed with cloths (MPEG1) : Re: Sorry, I'm still obsessed with cloths (MPEG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:31:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sorry, I'm still obsessed with cloths (MPEG1)
Date: 9 Feb 2002 22:14:38
Message: <3c65e59e@news.povray.org>
Hallo Tim,

I think I found the problem with the stupid black triangles!!! I just found
out that I had a typo in the code with an 'm' instead of a 'k' so no wonder
I was getting wrong effects. The funny thing is that I "checked" the code
several times and I never saw that big mistake.  I had already tried
double-illumination, but the black triangles still were there.

I still have not implemented cloth-cloth collision. That's definitely in the
to-do list.

Yes, my program (coded in C) writes a text file for each frame, where there
are the coordinates of each "node" as I call them (or "atoms" as Apache
calls them) the normal vectors for each node, and the face indices for each
triangle in the mesh2 object. As I said some time ago, I found this method
very good to parallelize the total effort: my brother's computer creates
this text files, and my computer renders the frames. (Well, when he lets me
use his computer!)

Then my POV script reads these files sequentially (with the built-in
animation features of POV) and generates the sequence of images.

I'm glad you liked it and "danke" for your comments,

Fernando.