POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : media fur : Re: media fur Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media fur
From: jimbobjim
Date: 9 Feb 2002 12:26:10
Message: <3c655bb2@news.povray.org>
"andrel linnenbank" <a.c### [at] amcuvanl> wrote in message
> Looks great either as short haired fur or velvet.
> I would never have thought of using a negative IOR.
<snip>
> But if the POV developers allows fysically impossible
> values, who am I to complain.

I don't know a link to any info, but I remember reading about some highly
ionised gas, plasma, or similar, etc that had a negative index of
refraction. I'll look into it. As another interesting point, I read a few
weeks ago about a reasearch group who had found a material with such high
IOR properties that it actually stopped the light dead - ie reduced it
velocity to zero and suspended the photons in a gas - which makes it very
useful for optical computers.

Jim