POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Sorry, I'm still obsessed with cloths (MPEG1) : Sorry, I'm still obsessed with cloths (MPEG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  Sorry, I'm still obsessed with cloths (MPEG1)
Date: 9 Feb 2002 11:50:43
Message: <3c655363@news.povray.org>
I've been still working on cloths, but only today I got decent results which
I could post.

I rewrote everything, and I'm again using forward Euler, as my attempts with
backward Euler were very frustrating. However, I implemented a
variable-timestep scheme, which adapts the timestep in function of the
amount of stress in the cloth. If there are very strong forces, then a
smaller step is taken. I still have to tweak this a little bit.

Another important change was the use of the mesh2 object, instead of the
ordinary mesh object. Thanks to this the parsing and render time is reduced,
and also I was able to implement uv mapping to the mesh.

I had several problems with the appearance of many completely black
triangles, and it took me a while to discover that radiosity eliminated that
problem. However, it now takes ages to produce the animation.

I turned off air resistance because I had some bizarre problems with it, but
I'll work on it very soon.

Well, I hope you like it and I'll be very happy to receive any comment or
suggestion,

Fernando.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: