POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Endangered Species [85k] : Re: Endangered Species [85k] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Endangered Species [85k]
From: Brody
Date: 8 Feb 2002 15:36:21
Message: <3c6436c5@news.povray.org>

> > Hmm I see it's in gz format. Is that a linux format or what
is it?

> *.gz is typical GNU ZIP. Either WinZip is able to read it, or
you'll find
> GZip easily in the net.regards
> SY

But this time it is not necessary. I was confused at first,
because I couldn't open the file with any decompression utility,
until I loaded it into a text editor. And voila, it is already an
ascii text file ... strange thing

After that, it takes a few moments to guess what the numbers mean
(never worked with triangle meshes before) and 10 minutes to
write a conversion tool...