POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Narnia footprints detail : Re: Narnia footprints detail Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Narnia footprints detail
From: Tom Melly
Date: 8 Feb 2002 08:43:31
Message: <3c63d603$1@news.povray.org>

news:3c63d4c8@news.povray.org...
> > How does this look? Too heavy?
>
> IMHO yes. It looks like she didn't pick up the feet from the floor while
> walking (which might be fun, anyway).
> I think individual steps, stamped into the snow would be much more
> realistic.

Yeh, I'm going on memory here (a long time since I've seen snow, boo-hoo). I'll
go for individual steps tonight, with just minor general mess along her path.

> Question: do you intend to add some wind effects to the snow areas? The
> scene looks very clean, no wind was blowing since the last snowfall....
> And don't forget the animal footprints around the trees! :-)

The thought had occured....

> She will get a cold in this light clothes. Then you must give her a red
> nose.

She has one. Honest... Actually, there's a load of furs in the wardrobe, so I
could put her in one of those. Busts the plot again, but what the hell..

> However, the snow buldge along the door looks great. You shouldn't change
> that.
> Very nice stuff.

Thanks - merging a hf with an iso took a little thought, but was satisfying to
achieve...