POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Indeed, radiosity add's realism to this scene (60,8kB bu) : Re: please vote! (48kB bu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: please vote! (48kB bu)
Date: 8 Feb 2002 08:30:43
Message: <3c63d303@news.povray.org>
> I found a gallery of fern photos and Royal Fern seems to be closest I saw
> there to yours.

Thanks for your interesting links. It's amazing how many sites one can find
for ferns :-)
Indeed the pic's you linked are more similar to the left trace. This is not
really surprising for me since the color matches almost exactly the fern I
have in my living room.
I think it really depends on the surroundings. The leaves are a bit
translucent and get brighter when sun is coming up and are darker in case of
a shadowed place.

Recently I saw an other fern in a restaurant which was as yellowish-green as
the lightes parts of the right trace. Pretty much difference in colouring
obviously...

thanks for voting :-)
regards
SY