POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Indeed, radiosity add's realism to this scene (60,8kB bu) : Re: please vote! (48kB bu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: please vote! (48kB bu)
From: bob h
Date: 8 Feb 2002 06:04:22
Message: <3c63b0b6@news.povray.org>

news:3c63a713@news.povray.org...

> let's make a vote for the colour discussion:
> Left hand image is a fern in the shadow (like on the floor of a wood).
> Right hand image is like a fern in the sun (the sun is peeking through the
> trees).
>
> which one do you prefer?

Right side, sunlit.  However, to me the colors are too faded.  But I keep
trying to go by memory of this type of fern I always saw in the wild while
living in western Washington.
I found a gallery of fern photos and Royal Fern seems to be closest I saw
there to yours.
http://www.ct-botanical-society.org/ferns/osmundarega.html
The color in the photo isn't as I recall it either though, far too
emerald-like.  It's not easy to convey color in writing.  If I were to say a
color that I think fits it would probably be like Forest Green or Green4 as
seen at:
http://users.rcn.com/giant.interport//COLOR/1ColorSpecifier.html

Another pic of similar fern but also emerald-colored (to me):
http://www.ct-botanical-society.org/ferns/aspleniumplat.html

bob h