POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : palms (as in trees) [~40K Jpg] : Re: palms (as in trees) [~40K Jpg] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: palms (as in trees) [~40K Jpg]
From: bob h
Date: 7 Feb 2002 21:41:50
Message: <3c633aee@news.povray.org>
"Xplo Eristotle" <inq### [at] unforgettablecom> wrote in message

> The trunks look a little too simple, but rougher texturing might fix
> that. Other than that, these are great trees and I expect they probably
> render pretty fast as well. Pretty scene, too, almost makes me want to
> visit (though an island that size would be a bit confining ;)

I'd take a boat to it and picnic there, yeah.

I thought of putting a normal_map onto the trunks instead, just didn't do
so.  I was thinking a up/down grain should be on them as well as the
banding.

Funny thing, a Microsoft wallpaper of this same scene is already on here.  I
didn't mention it before, sounded so coincidental when Wanderer On The Road
(whomever he/she is).  The photo is rather blurry looking, being stretched
to fit, and the trees are all smoothed out so you don't see any fine
textures.  But I still looked at it to get a better idea how to make these.
Maybe I should add the sailboat the wallpaper pic has into this too.

bob h