POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : palms (as in trees) [~40K Jpg] : Re: palms (as in trees) [~40K Jpg] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: palms (as in trees) [~40K Jpg]
From: bob h
Date: 7 Feb 2002 21:30:37
Message: <3c63384d@news.povray.org>
news:3C62E8B8.1A5A85F4@gmx.de...

> Nice, just the palm wings are a bit too geometric, i think they should be
> more curved and the angle of the 'leafs' should change from lower to upper
> end.

Exactly right, more gravity kind of influence needs to be done.  I just left
the first curvature I got and it's the same for all.  The spine of the
fronds is a complete guestimation since the leaf part ended up with a few
transormations on the spline used for both and the two things didn't fit
together the same because of that.
Basically the whole things needs redoing.

bob h