POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Indeed, radiosity add's realism to this scene (60,8kB bu) : Re: Indeed, radiosity add's realism to this scene (60,8kB bu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Indeed, radiosity add's realism to this scene (60,8kB bu)
Date: 7 Feb 2002 13:58:05
Message: <3c62ce3d@news.povray.org>
Hi Christoph,

> I had no time to comment on your previous postings, the geometry looks

I already missed your postings :-)

> really good meanwhile only the strong differences in the length of the
> leafs seem unrealistic, when do you plan to post the code?

I must admit that I conecntrated more on the individual sprays and their
leaves than on assembling a complete fern. However, the size of the wings is
a parameter so you may create any style of fern you like.
I planned to post the code as soon as I have something like a manual for
using it. Up to now there is (beside the comments in the code) no
documentation for it. Especially the auto-LOD is not yet really easy to use.

But if you're interested in it, I can post the code as it is together with
the scene file I used to create this image.

> For radiosity you should add a sky or a different environent.

I am not shure if I mentioned it but the final scene will use only few
sprays and not a complete fern. Additionally there will be no vase or
whatever. These renders are plain tests.

THX for feedback,
regards
SY