POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : palms (as in trees) [~40K Jpg] : palms (as in trees) [~40K Jpg] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  palms (as in trees) [~40K Jpg]
From: bob h
Date: 7 Feb 2002 11:31:49
Message: <3c62abf5@news.povray.org>
As asked about in povray.advanced by Wanderer On The Road, as to how palm
trees might be made, I did a quick attempt of them with very little CSG.
clipped_by sphere sections randomized along a spline() (from v3.5 beta),
also sphere_sweep for the trunks and isosurface for the island.

I've done much less lately with POV and lesser still posting or replying
around here.  So here it is, someone elses idea but my method  :-)  Hope you
like, hard to beat those of you doing such great stuff out there.

bob h

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '3palm_isle_test.jpg' (33 KB)