POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) : Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb)
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 6 Feb 2002 19:43:57
Message: <3c61cdcd@news.povray.org>

news:3c5d058a$1@news.povray.org...
> This picture is getting nicer and nicer. I really like the design of that
lamp, it's
> funny.

Thank you very much. The lamp was done in hamapatch. I wanted to make
something original and that fits in a children's room.

> About the lighting: are you using a fill light or ambient light? I would
put the
> latter in your cellar and use the former. One single shadowless fading
light put at
> the camera location does quite always an excellent job (of course if
you're planning
> to use radiosity this doesn't apply).
> The lighting looks a bit too uniform now: I would use a more pronounced
fading for
> the main light. Also using multiple fading lights adds much to the
realism: so I
> would turn on that nice lamp. Some blurred reflections on that parquet
would be great
> too!

In this image I'm only using one area light like this (very close to the
ceiling):
light_source {
  <0.0, 0.0, 0.0>
  color rgb <1.000, 0.950, 0.850>*1.05
  area_light <1.000, 0.000, 0.000>, <0.000, 1.000, 0.000>, 2, 2
  adaptive 2
  jitter
 circular
 orient
  translate  <0.0, -20.0, 36.5>
}

I want to try the lightsys macros made by Jaime Vives to see if I get a
better result (though I always leave the lightning work to the end, so we'll
see...).

> While designing indoor scenes I always ask to myself: does this room
really lack of
> windows? If the answer is no, then you have to consider that aspect too.
Of course if
> the scene is taken at midnight you can just forget about windows, but if
not you have
> to consider that windows always contribute to lighting, even in the
evening (excuse
> my wordplay).

As you can see in the clock, its 8:15 p.m. Here in winter, at 8:15 it's
nighttime, so there's no light coming from the outside. (my sister who lives
in Asti has told me that in Italy night comes even quicker than in Spain ;-)

> Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much Jonathan (I also want to see a kitchen... )
Bye.
--
Txemi Jendrix
tji### [at] euskalnetnet