POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) : Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb)
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 6 Feb 2002 19:26:43
Message: <3c61c9c3$1@news.povray.org>

news:3C5### [at] umichedu...
> Good idea! People in the image would liven it up even more!

That's what I think. I hope a kid playing would give the image the real
meaning of what I want to say.

> It's usually recommended to have objects face the inside of your picture
> (to encourage people to look /into/ the scene.) I'd actually rotate the
> baby walker around again so it's facing the inside of the scene (but
> still not so much in front of the chair leg as it was before.)

I agree with you. I have rotated the baby walker again to face inside the
picture, and changend the texture of the vertical bars to yellow so they
don't mess with the chair legs.

> I really like the bulletin board and the clock.

Thank you. They are all CSG (and the clock texture is a drawing made by me,
scanned and worked on Photoshop).

> Maybe some subtle stains and/or smudges on the wall would make it look
> more realistic.

Mmm.... if I only had one more month. I will try to do something (maybe some
handprints (sp?)

>  > Is your floor a repeating image map?  It would be nicer if the
>  > woodgrain wasn't the same in each tile.  If it is an image map, a
>  > simple solution would be to make the square tile transparent in a GIF,
>  > then put a wood texture underneath the whole thing.
>
> You might also be able to fix that with a clever use of warps or
> material maps.

I think it won't be needed. I'm working on a carpet now that will hide most
of the wooden floor.

> Skip Talbot wrote:
>

> > As for the moire on the board.  I read a technique for eliminating such
> > problem in a scene description of a Norbert Kern IRTC entry (Spirit of
> > Asia).  He rendered his scene at a much higher resolution then what he
> > submitted and then reduced the resolution in Photoshop, allowing the
> > resizing filters to compress a fine texture without the geometric
patterns.
> > http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2001-12-31/chado.txt
>

> I would think some work with adaptive anti-aliasing would fix it, too.

If I render it bigger the moire disappears. That will be the solution.

Thank you for your comments.
Bye

--
Txemi Jendrix