POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) : Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb)
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 6 Feb 2002 19:10:20
Message: <3c61c5ec@news.povray.org>

news:3c5ce41e@news.povray.org...
> That's a really fun scene.  I think it's great.

Thank you very much.

>A few things that might
> help...
> 1.  I think the phong value on the green bug-eyed car thing is a bit too
> high.  It just looks too glossy for plastic.

Well, it's a specular value, but I think reflection contributes to the
effect. It's something that must be adjusted (the baby walker looks like it
has been bought an hour ago) and that I have in my to-do list.

> 2.  By the color of the light source, I'd say it's a fluorescent, but by
the
> sharpness of the shadows (I know it's an area light, but I think it needs
> be spread out more), it looks more like the light is coming from a single
> light bulb.

Yes, the area light is 'compressed' in a little space to look like as if
came from a single light blub. When I've tried to scale it up, the shadows
were all wrong. I have to try the light macro made by Jaime Vives to see
what happens (I'm too busy on modelling and texturing right now).

> 3.  The antialiasing is doing some funky kind of swirl pattern across your
> new bulletin board.  I'm not sure how to fix that, but it looks a little
> odd.

It has to do with the resolution. If I render the picture bigger it
disappears. In the final render that will be fixed.

> 4.  I think radiosity would help your picture lots.

I think so, but I don't know if I'll have time enough to test it (if not for
the IRTC, sure that I will try in the future).

> 5.  Is your floor a repeating image map?  It would be nicer if the
woodgrain
> wasn't the same in each tile.  If it is an image map, a simple solution
> would be to make the square tile transparent in a GIF, then put a wood
> texture underneath the whole thing.  Just a thought.

Yes, the floor is a repeating image map done in Photoshop. I'm trying to get
a decent carpet now so most of the floor will not be seen.

> Anyway, I love your modelling.  Keep working at it.

Thank you again, and thank you for your comments.
Bye
--
Txemi Jendrix
tji### [at] euskalnetnet