POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brazil bolts, freestyle. : Re: Brazil bolts, freestyle. Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brazil bolts, freestyle.
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 6 Feb 2002 03:23:22
Message: <3c60e7f9@news.povray.org>
Patrick Dugan wrote:

> Your image looks quite photographic to me.  It is stunning to say the
> least.

  Thanks!

> May I ask how you created the texture for the bolts and nuts?  The small
> dents and pits
> look very nice, how did you accomplish it?

  Averaged normals: I used two patterns, one for the "microsurface" and
other for the dents or "macrosurface". I averaged several copies of them,
rotated and translated. Of course, it needs >40 samples on the focal blur
to give smooth results.

  Indeed, I noticed now that I forgot to post the code for this scene!
Willl post it latter on p.b.s-f.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia