POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Speeding up an old image and a problem with beta 10 fog? (37kbu, 67 kbu and 43kbu) : Re: Speeding up an old image and a problem with beta 10 fog? (37kbu, 67 kbu and 43kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:29:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speeding up an old image and a problem with beta 10 fog? (37kbu, 67 kbu and 43kbu)
From: Alan Holding
Date: 5 Feb 2002 15:00:13
Message: <3c6039cd@news.povray.org>
"John Haiducek" <jha### [at] umichedu> wrote in message
news:3C6### [at] umichedu...

> I don't know what causes it, but I've seen v3.0 do the same. In my case
> it was an indexed-color targa, with one color set as transmit 1. Did you
> use indexed color or alpha channel? Did you try image_pattern?

Used a TGA image map with an alpha channel.  The code for the texture is:

#declare txt_uv_orange_flower=texture {
  pigment {image_map {tga "uv_orange_flower.tga" once interpolate 2}}
 finish {ambient 0.1 diffuse 1 phong 0}
 normal {bump_map {tga "uv_orange_flower.tga" once interpolate 2
bump_size -10}}
}

Just tried changing the image type to PNG with an alpha channel (saved from
Paint Shop Pro v7.04 if you're interested), but still no better.

Ho hum.