POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pepper. : Re: Pepper. Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pepper.
From: Alessandro A
Date: 5 Feb 2002 07:01:25
Message: <3c5fc995$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Jonathan,

Tks a lot for your tips. I use 3.5 glass textures, but I want to learn how
the params work.
I never used fade_distance before , I guess that is the problem.
My grandfather is Italian ( better , were Italian ). Im Brazilian and live

Tks again.

mensagem:3c5f0b94$1@news.povray.org...
> "Alessandro A." wrote:
> > Congrats.
> > A really great job.
> > I saw the other objects of your kitchen, this is the best one.
> > I'm a new Pover and  I can't set my glass texture like yours.
> >
> > Where is the key ?
> >
> > Andreotti
>
> Hi Alessandro,
> from your names I would have bet you were Italian... are you
Brazilian/Portuguese ?
> BTW, here are some hints about glass textures:
> 1) ambient 0 (this rule could apply to most materials).
> 2) very low diffuse (as low as you can: try 0.05)
> 3) I quite always use something like rgbf <.95,.95,.95,.98> as pigment.
It's not