POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Speeding up an old image and a problem with beta 10 fog? (37kbu, 67 kbu and 43kbu) : Re: Speeding up an old image and a problem with beta 10 fog? (37kbu, 67 kbu and 43kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:30:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speeding up an old image and a problem with beta 10 fog? (37kbu, 67 kbu and 43kbu)
From: Shay
Date: 4 Feb 2002 19:23:03
Message: <3c5f25e7$1@news.povray.org>
"Alan Holding" <tro### [at] tiscalicouk> wrote in message
> As for the last one - isn't this a waste of time?  If you want to convert
> hamaPatch object into a mesh for usage in POV, why not let 3DWin do the
hard
> work

I am NO artist. A large amount of the pleasure I get from using PoV is
figuring out how to do things. If you look at my POVs got juice! post, you
will see what you might consider a HUGE waste of time (building mesh objects
by hand.)

Thank you very much for the help. I think I will probably build a blade out
of just a few triangles and subdivide the most curved parts then add normal
vectors and write the mesh to an .inc file. OR the lazy way, build each
blade out of about 10K vertices and write a macro to remove the unnecessary
ones.

 -Shay