POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Speeding up an old image and a problem with beta 10 fog? (37kbu, 67 kbu and 43kbu) : Re: Speeding up an old image and a problem with beta 10 fog? (37kbu, 67 kbu and 43kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speeding up an old image and a problem with beta 10 fog? (37kbu, 67 kbu and 43kbu)
From: Shay
Date: 4 Feb 2002 16:53:37
Message: <3c5f02e1$1@news.povray.org>
This looks great. I would like to try it. Approximately how many triangles
in each blade of grass? Do you think that removing the normals might speed
up the render even more without detracting from the appearance? If I wanted
to do this in PoV, would it be faster to subdivide a mesh until I get a
desired smoothness, or to let PoV form a beizer patch? Is there a method for
accessing the triangles which make up a patch and converting them via macro
into a mesh?

Sorry about the number of questions.

-Shay

Alan Holding <tro### [at] tiscalicouk> wrote in message