POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Force???!!!??? : Re: Force???!!!??? Server Time
16 May 2024 00:02:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Force???!!!???
Date: 4 Feb 2002 16:36:47
Message: <3c5efeef@news.povray.org>
> When I judge an animation, I watch it prior to reading the accompanying
> test file, and with the sound off.  If I can't figure out that is going
> on in the animation, I award a 1 for the concept score.  If I can't
> understand the relationship between the action I see and the topic, I
> award from 2 to 5.
>
> Be that as it may, sometimes the animations run on different meanings
> of the topic phrase.  For example, I took Force as "the Force" as
> referred to in the Star Wars movies, and went with that idea.  I put
> the subtitle in there so that it would be obvious.
>
> Regards,
> John

Hi John,

Yes, I did see the relationship between your animation and the topic, and I
found it very original. Later, I saw several of the "Spirit of Asia" final
images. This time I was surprised that there were very few off-topic
submissions, and most of all the images I saw were very high quality work.
Is it always the same with the animation contest?

Fernando.