POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brazil bolts, freestyle. : Re: Brazil bolts, freestyle. Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brazil bolts, freestyle.
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 4 Feb 2002 06:52:07
Message: <3c5e75e7@news.povray.org>
Skip Talbot wrote:

> Amazing.

  Thanks!

> I'm curious about the lighting because I know that often makes
> the scene.  Your lights have specific wattage and real world types.  How
> do you define this in a scene?  Is the type of light (i.e. incandescent,
> fluorescent) based on the rgb value and the intensity is the watts?  How
> do you control it so precisely?

  See my recent post on p.b.s-f., there is the code for the set of macros I
used to manage lights at that "high level", and a link to a web page
explaining the whole idea.

  I'm sure my implementation of the real data is not "physiscally correct",
but it gives nice results and make easy for me to manage known artificial
lights. I hope to get some comments if someone uses it, to make it more
handy and correct if possible.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia