POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) : Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb)
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 3 Feb 2002 04:59:02
Message: <3c5d09e6$1@news.povray.org>
Some very nice work.  I agree though that it does have the feeling as if a
single light bulb were hanging from the ceiling.  If this is the lighting
affect you are trying to achieve (like say in a basement rec room) then its
not a bad recreation.

As for the moire on the board.  I read a technique for eliminating such a
problem in a scene description of a Norbert Kern IRTC entry (Spirit of
Asia).  He rendered his scene at a much higher resolution then what he
submitted and then reduced the resolution in Photoshop, allowing the
resizing filters to compress a fine texture without the geometric patterns.
http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2001-12-31/chado.txt

Skip