POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) : Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:30:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP WwW 2 (175 Kb)
From: JRG
Date: 3 Feb 2002 04:40:26
Message: <3c5d058a$1@news.povray.org>
This picture is getting nicer and nicer. I really like the design of that lamp, it's
funny.

About the lighting: are you using a fill light or ambient light? I would put the
latter in your cellar and use the former. One single shadowless fading light put at
the camera location does quite always an excellent job (of course if you're planning
to use radiosity this doesn't apply).
The lighting looks a bit too uniform now: I would use a more pronounced fading for
the main light. Also using multiple fading lights adds much to the realism: so I
would turn on that nice lamp. Some blurred reflections on that parquet would be great
too!

While designing indoor scenes I always ask to myself: does this room really lack of
windows? If the answer is no, then you have to consider that aspect too. Of course if
the scene is taken at midnight you can just forget about windows, but if not you have
to consider that windows always contribute to lighting, even in the evening (excuse
my wordplay).

Keep up the good work.

--
Jonathan.