POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : CSG difference with text : Re: CSG difference with text Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG difference with text
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Feb 2002 04:10:42
Message: <3c5bad12$1@news.povray.org>
In article <DyP3zCAt$5W8EwL9@econym.demon.co.uk> , Mike Williams
<mik### [at] nospamplease>  wrote:

> I see that Thorsten now claims that this is a coincident surfaces
> problem. I must say it doesn't look like that to me.

Given the description of the original bug without having the font, this was
the only possible conclusion.  Essentially these two problems need to be
treated as two distinct problems.  The only one that can be reproduced is the
one using timrom.ttf because if or if there is not a problem with the original
font cannot be determined without having the font.  I can only explain
something I can actually test.

Investigating the given example with the timrom.ttf font revealed that at
least in that case it is.  It has to do with the scale, which, lets say has
'some effects on the ray' that basically make a difference of about 10e-5,
which for the text object is enough to cause problems.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde