POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fern pics again most likely the last ones : Re: Overview Server Time
16 Aug 2024 20:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Overview
From: Juergen Scharfy
Date: 1 Feb 2002 02:46:07
Message: <3c5a47bf$1@news.povray.org>
> It looks VERY realistic. Congratulations, it is beautiful.
>
> Very good work!

Thank's a lot!
I spent much effort in it so I'm glad that it looks realistic.
Anyway, yesterday I found some bugs in it, improved the little scratches in
the leaves, improved the randomisation of too mathematiclly "clean"
behaviours of the wings and greatly decreased the number of triangles
depending on the LOD by the factor of sometimes up to 1:5(!) which speeds up
parsing and tracing.
Right now I think it is finished (beside the fact that there is still no
complete fern macro but this shouldn't be a problem since I already have the
code in a scene, as you see).
I will do a last test render and post it here since I think it looks now
even more realistic!

regards
SY