POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV 3.5 for Sun : Re: POV 3.5 for Sun Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.5 for Sun
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 31 Jan 2002 15:03:13
Message: <3c59a301@news.povray.org>
In article <Pin### [at] tvcenginumichedu> ,
John David Haiducek <jha### [at] enginumichedu>  wrote:

> I remember seeing on the known bugs list awhile agoa description of a
> bugfix, after which it said "This will break the Sun compiler. Sorry
> Warp."
>
> Does this mean that there will be no POV 3.5 for Solaris?

No, you should not make any assumption and interpretation about comments in
the "revision.txt" if they are not clear.  "revision.txt" is *not* the know
bugs list and has nothing to do with it.  Nor was that particular comment
meant to be made available to the public.  You should not jump to any
conclusions given notes in "revision.txt", that is not and never was its
purpose.  It is simply a convenient (for the POV-Team to create) short way to
let people know about recent bug fixes and such in a "raw" format.  Nothing
more, nothing less.

Nobody ever implied the POV-Ray 3.5 source code is not as portable as it
always used to be in previous versions.  I think this is sufficient to answer
your concerns.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg