POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP WwW 1 (169 Kb) : Re: WIP WwW 1 (169 Kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 22:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP WwW 1 (169 Kb)
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 30 Jan 2002 17:53:39
Message: <3c587973$1@news.povray.org>

news:3c57c88c@news.povray.org...
> A lot of details make your scene quite realistic!

Thank you. I've tried to model everything as accurate as possible

> Just few thing which came into my mind:
> .) the picture doesn't match the toy scene.  a cartoon would convince me
> more

I'm still in doubt about the picture, the other option is a board with real
pictures from my daughters.
Don't know still.

> .) shouldn't there be some carpet on the floor? playing board games on a
> wooden floor is not a good idea :-)

I like the semi-tridimensional image the tile produces. And even thoug it
looks like wood it is not. It tries to be that plastic imitation that you
paste in the floor (I don't know it's name in english, sorry).

> .) some wrinkled sheets of paper next to the pencils would be cool

That is something I have in my to-do list. It's simple, so I will do it in
the end.

> .) the watch looks very flat. I don't know why but it looks like built IN
> the wall instead of hanging on it. Try to leave a gap between the watch
and
> the wall (there must be some device mounted on the wall where the clock is
> hanging on)

Right now, the clock is a real clock. I only have to do a difference
operation with a box and separate it a bit from the wall. This render was
the first with the clock, and only for testing purposes. Don't worry, that
is corrected now.

> Good job! I'm eger to see the progress of this pic. I hope you'll post it
> regularly?
> all the best

Well, thank you very much. If I have people like you, so constructive, sure
I'll post my next WIPs (I will do it anyway ;-)
Bye
--
Txemi Jendrix
tji### [at] euskalnetnet