POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do you make a scene? : Re: How do you make a scene? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:14:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do you make a scene?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 30 Jan 2002 06:35:52
Message: <3c57da98@news.povray.org>
"Rik A" <rik### [at] nospambtinternetcomnospam> wrote in message

<snip>

Hmm...

Wait for/seek inspiration - this generally covers the basic idea and general
composition.

Model scene element by element. Generally I'll get the background out of the way
before modelling individual objects. In general, I don't use many objects in my
scenes - often just a background and one central object.

Probably the best reason to learn some handcoding, irrespective of whether you
use a modeller or not, is to enable easy switching on/off of individual scene
components.

In general for individual elements, I'll have a good idea of what I want, but as
I write the code, I'll adjust according to problems/inspiration thrown up by the
proto-types.

Most scene elements start out fairly messy, but I'll tidy up as I go along.