POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Newbie question on beta10 camera behavior-Not a bug report- : Re: Newbie question on beta10 camera behavior-Not a bug report- Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie question on beta10 camera behavior-Not a bug report-
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 Jan 2002 05:14:42
Message: <3c57c792$1@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns### [at] 204213191226> , che### [at] sympaticoca
(Coridon Henshaw) wrote:

>> Neither is correct.  Both work at any place in the camera statement.
>
> Try it yourself.

"Work" does simply imply "not ignored", I never said they "work exactly the
same as in POV-Ray 3.1".  This is important as the whole issue of fixing the
camera statement order of keywords problem in 3.5 will break some scenes that
depend on the previously existing chaos.

I suggest you just wait until the changes are complete (and there is one
deterministic order) in the next beta.  Then we can determine if any possible
uses of the camera keywords and their order are no longer covered and thus
solutions for those occasions need to be developed.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde